Spring Time

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
cobaltnight

Spring Time

Post by cobaltnight » Fri May 17, 2019 9:16 pm

Originally, I just wanted to try to combine the birds that drop rocks, and the dudes from MM5 who throw bombs outta their heads, and I think it turned out kinda well. Just wanted some feedback.

Spring Time

RadRobot

Re: Spring Time

Post by RadRobot » Sat May 18, 2019 2:45 am

Post-wise, try to host an image on something like Imgur and attach it to your post. It makes it more clear what we're going to get into before playing the level and heightens the chance of us playing your level. I do see that it's your first post so I won't bug you about it too much.

Anyway, the level itself has a few things unenjoyable about it. First off, it is very short. Two checkpoints are reasonable for a level as long as I feel like there is enough space between them. Secondly, you shouldn't be able to get hit in a checkpoint room. I know this happens sometimes in the original games but still, it's a bad habit to get in.
Now for the gameplay. I believe the difficulty is quite nice, but I would like to see more of a curve between the end. I did like the combination of Bomb Thrown and the birds, it did prove a nice challenge seeing them together so I do believe you did well on that part.
My last c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶a̶i̶n̶t̶ piece of constructive feedback is that I don't really like (or see for that matter) the theme for the level. I think the music, background, and tileset don't work together as much as I'd hoped. But aside from that, it was a level that I could enjoy for the short moments of its playtime.
Stay Radical! :lol:

Latest Levels:
- Electric Plant -
- Funfair Fever -
- Grenade Facility -

MMM Fan Game Coming Soon?

cobaltnight

Post by cobaltnight » Sat May 18, 2019 3:07 am

Ah, I'll keep the imgur thing in mind, thanks.

And, uh, I really didn't have a specific theme going in. (For once) This one was just more about trying to get the bombheads and birds together, and the rest was secondary. And my levels aren't usually this short, but I got to where the end is, and just felt like that was a good end for it. Was my enemy variety okay? I've been trying to work on that specifcially.

RadRobot

Post by RadRobot » Sat May 18, 2019 6:33 am

cobaltnight wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:07 am
Ah, I'll keep the imgur thing in mind, thanks.

And, uh, I really didn't have a specific theme going in. (For once) This one was just more about trying to get the bombheads and birds together, and the rest was secondary. And my levels aren't usually this short, but I got to where the end is, and just felt like that was a good end for it. Was my enemy variety okay? I've been trying to work on that specifcially.
The enemies in the level were pretty good, to be honest. Maybe one or two Bomb Throwns were unable to get you (due to low roofs) but that is about it. I do normally prefer longer levels but I do understand people who make levels just for concepts like this one (I've done it a few times) so I do forgive the lack of a theme for the level. Either way, it was a pretty fun level.
Stay Radical! :lol:

Latest Levels:
- Electric Plant -
- Funfair Fever -
- Grenade Facility -

MMM Fan Game Coming Soon?

runarbm

Post by runarbm » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:57 pm

Well done on this one, nothing too spectacular in terms of concept or aesthetics, but for what it is it's nicely executed and a fun challenge. Upvoted.

StoneColdSolidus

Post by StoneColdSolidus » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:25 pm

Nice easy Stage "made with love", good design and indeed good combination of enemies with a little mix of easy challenges.

Played it through on first try, only died at Spring Man once because I didn't know the plasma only pattern until now