Allow multiple bosses on single screen to be fought one at a time.

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
RetroGamerAaron

Allow multiple bosses on single screen to be fought one at a time.

Post by RetroGamerAaron » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:24 am

In a future update, there should be an option added where if you place multiple bosses on one screen, you can fight them one at a time, rather than only being able to fight them all at once. As soon as one boss is defeated, the next one appears.

Megamanvwxyz

Re: Allow multiple bosses on single screen to be fought one at a time.

Post by Megamanvwxyz » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:35 pm

RetroGamerAaron wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:24 am
In a future update, there should be an option added where if you place multiple bosses on one screen, you can fight them one at a time, rather than only being able to fight them all at once. As soon as one boss is defeated, the next one appears.
I like this idea, I'd also like to add that a number system (1-9) be implemented to select the order of the bosses, bosses set with the same number will be fought together.
Help! I'm glitching.

QuartexGames

Post by QuartexGames » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:55 pm

Megamanvwxyz wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:35 pm
RetroGamerAaron wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:24 am
I like this idea, I'd also like to add that a number system (1-9) be implemented to select the order of the bosses, bosses set with the same number will be fought together.
Thought the same thing
Woah It's Green ID: 316053
Woah It's Blue ID: 260308
Woah It's Yellow ID: 263387
Woah It's Red ID: 325994
Woah It's WhiteID: 258788

Arevalo

Post by Arevalo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:45 pm

nice suggestion

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:07 pm

An interesting idea, as it can be used to create a boss rush similar to the one featured in Shovel Knight. I'd imagine this would be handled under the Boss Death Options, and could use the numbered system that Megamanvwxyz suggested.
Host of the Doc Robot Challenge. The Results are now in!
Levels:
Darkness Crypt - Megaman (339203)
Excitement Emporium - Megaman (339627)
Trinitro Towers - Megaman (344128)

8JKN4
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Post by 8JKN4 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:14 pm

Huh, that's a nice idea, kind of like one-screen boss rushes.
One question though, what would happen in-game to the inactive bosses until the player fights them? Will they stay hidden and then when they become active you get the intro, or will they just kind of stay in the background as if they were watching the battle?
I feel like the first one may kind of seem like the better option, but it could create unfair situations where the player is unfortunate enough to stand around the same area as the boss when the latter spawns, and thus takes unavoidable damage.
So maybe all bosses could spawn at the same time, but only the first one(s) in line do their proper intro, while the others stay in the background (maybe they could also be darker, to better indicate that they're currently inactive and part of the background).
When a new boss, or more, are about to become active, they should flash a bit so that the player knows which boss(es) they're about to fight, so that they can go out of the way and avoid any kind of unfair contact damage. When an inactive boss becomes active, the darker pallete is replaced with the normal one and they do their intros, minus the teleporting in.
Plus, if a boss has a priority number of at least 2 (in other words, if they're the second in line or behind), there should also be an option to keep the current boss theme, or play whichever boss theme is set to the boss.
turnip

5h0ck

Post by 5h0ck » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:50 pm

8JKN4 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:14 pm
I feel like the first one may kind of seem like the better option, but it could create unfair situations where the player is unfortunate enough to stand around the same area as the boss when the latter spawns, and thus takes unavoidable damage.

That's an easy fix, the game can move megaman for the player to a spot at least 4 titles away from the boss spawn point, and the boss won't spawn until the sequence is finished. if they're already far enough from the boss then they simply won't be able to move until the next one spawns.

If for some reason what I just said won't work because of some bug then there can also be a glowing platform that appears after a boss is defeated, and the next one wont appear until the player steps on it. and its grid space will reach the ceiling so that no one can put a boss above said platform.

Nigel Chinclucker

Post by Nigel Chinclucker » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:27 pm

Wouldn't this defeat the purpose of the multiple bosses thing? The whole gimmick of multiple bosses was fighting them at the same time.
My Most Popular Levels:
283233: Cheery Happy Funtime
213787: Ye Olde Basic Castle
204335: Runaway Train

Bean man
Discord: Bean man#9687

Post by Bean man » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:53 pm

Nigel Chinclucker wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:27 pm
Wouldn't this defeat the purpose of the multiple bosses thing? The whole gimmick of multiple bosses was fighting them at the same time.
It wouldn't make the feature obsolete, just a different option to have bosses one after the next in a row, sort of like a compact way of having room after room of bosses.

Okay yes alright okay