PuzzleMan - ID: 347916

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
baptak123

PuzzleMan - ID: 347916

Post by baptak123 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:33 am

hi there im pretty sure a newbie here, and just wanna post about my megamanmaker level here, there it is

PuzzleMan

ss: https://imge.to/i/SXOdW

enjoy it and waiting the feedback from all of you

Kirkless1

Re: PuzzleMan - ID: 347916

Post by Kirkless1 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:02 pm

I tried playing it and it looks decent but becomes frustrating when you introduce your first gates/button. Many of the best Megaman levels have a bit of an adaptive buildup when introducing new concepts or mechanics that the gamer wouldn't be used to.

When I get to that part of the level where you're heading upward and get stuck between the two movable gates, I obviously can't jump over them and I see the button to the right just out of reach. I can't shoot it with any of the weapons provided or climb, double jump, or slide to it. With nothing in the level to clue me as to what to do, or any previous experience with the level to fall back on, I'm tapped out. Maybe this is what Wily should've done all those years to stop Megaman?

Looks like the level is currently at a -2 vote. I'm not going to give it a vote either way but I can see the frustration that users would have playing the level. It seems like a thoughtful beginning level and I feel that there is probably some cool gimmicky idea within the gates but if I can't pass the first one, I never get to enjoy the rest of the level. Most would chalk it up to poor level design but I think you could probably fix it by putting some easier puzzle(s) prior to this one and then escalate the difficulty as the level goes on so that the user has some ideas as to how they might be able to solve and move forward.

Take care!
Some of my levels:

The Toad Prince - ID: 270581
House of Sand and Fire - ID: 253875
The Long Descent - ID:253607

baptak123

Re: PuzzleMan - ID: 347916

Post by baptak123 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:44 am

Kirkless1 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:02 pm
I tried playing it and it looks decent but becomes frustrating when you introduce your first gates/button. Many of the best Megaman levels have a bit of an adaptive buildup when introducing new concepts or mechanics that the gamer wouldn't be used to.

When I get to that part of the level where you're heading upward and get stuck between the two movable gates, I obviously can't jump over them and I see the button to the right just out of reach. I can't shoot it with any of the weapons provided or climb, double jump, or slide to it. With nothing in the level to clue me as to what to do, or any previous experience with the level to fall back on, I'm tapped out. Maybe this is what Wily should've done all those years to stop Megaman?

Looks like the level is currently at a -2 vote. I'm not going to give it a vote either way but I can see the frustration that users would have playing the level. It seems like a thoughtful beginning level and I feel that there is probably some cool gimmicky idea within the gates but if I can't pass the first one, I never get to enjoy the rest of the level. Most would chalk it up to poor level design but I think you could probably fix it by putting some easier puzzle(s) prior to this one and then escalate the difficulty as the level goes on so that the user has some ideas as to how they might be able to solve and move forward.

Take care!
sorry for your inconvenience.. but there are 2 red buttons for the astro gate on that room, one on top of it, and another one just sitting right next to it so you can use that red astro gate as an elevator