A suggestion about Bans and locks

Share feedback for the website, forums, Discord or wiki here.
Uranus

A suggestion about Bans and locks

Post by Uranus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:13 pm

About Bans and locks

Instead of posting a reply saying that this is locked, just lock it

Then PM the person who made the post and say why the mod lock it (or banned account) and how to prevent it in the future, it could also stop drama about bans as it's not public
I am an ASS planet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so

rollerC
Site Admin
Discord: rollerC#5125

Re: A suggestion about Bans and locks

Post by rollerC » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:25 am

We should do better to avoid mentioning or announcing bans or punishments publicly, but lock notices aren't gonna change. More than one person usually contribute to threads, and it's a standard of forum moderation to provide a notice when you lock a thread so people are aware of why a thread is locked. I don't think people would like it if we didn't explain why we locked something.
pee

Uranus

Post by Uranus » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:21 am

rollerC wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:25 am
We should do better to avoid mentioning or announcing bans or punishments publicly, but lock notices aren't gonna change. More than one person usually contribute to threads, and it's a standard of forum moderation to provide a notice when you lock a thread so people are aware of why a thread is locked. I don't think people would like it if we didn't explain why we locked something.
I had thought of that after making this

I know others should be aware. But another suggestion is to PM the mod to ask why it was banned. However it might be stressful for the mod and is probably unnecessary.

Also, just something I noticed. Banned accounts like LightDaemon and Play Dash still appear and so are their posts. But others like The Sexius accounts are fully deleted, why is that? Why not delete the banned accounts?

pm me to do so

rollerC
Site Admin
Discord: rollerC#5125

Post by rollerC » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:50 pm

Uranus wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:21 am
Also, just something I noticed. Banned accounts like LightDaemon and Play Dash still appear and so are their posts. But others like The Sexius accounts are fully deleted, why is that? Why not delete the banned accounts?
If they’re a raider or spammer, we delete all of their posts. If they got banned for a different reason, we don’t, because deleting all their posts would lead to not being able to understand threads that they posted in. Plus, we have to delete their posts individually and by hand.
pee

Uranus

Post by Uranus » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:45 pm

rollerC wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:50 pm
Uranus wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:21 am
If they’re a raider or spammer, we delete all of their posts. If they got banned for a different reason, we don’t, because deleting all their posts would lead to not being able to understand threads that they posted in. Plus, we have to delete their posts individually and by hand.
So its unnecessary then, ok

pm me to do so