Swimming

Discuss anything related to Mega Man
8JKN4
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Swimming

Post by 8JKN4 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:35 am

Kind of random topic, but basically, what's your opinion on the swimming mechanics from MM8?

Personally I like the swimming mechanic, it's pretty nice since it allows for a different kind of movement underwater, though the way the swimming controls work is kind of not good, because you can't swim in place, the game forces you to move to the direction you're facing (I guess you could try to repeatedly change direction to stay in place, but it would still be better if you didn't have to do that)
I think it would be a way better feature if you could swim in place, it would also make fighting enemies while swimming a bit less annoying (well it's not really that annoying, but it still would)
turnip

D-Man

Re: Swimming

Post by D-Man » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:22 am

Swimming was interesting, to say the least. I suppose that it was their attempt at preventing Aqua Man's stage from being "just another water stage".

It, along with gravity flipping and the vehicles from Nitro Man's stage are what I believe to be underutilized stage gimmicks (this is part of why I'd like to see the latter in MMM).
Waiting for King Knight and The Delicious Last Course
Levels:
Darkness Crypt - Megaman (339203)
Excitement Emporium - Megaman (339627)
Trinitro Towers - Megaman (344128)
Cascade Pipeway - Megaman (349271)
Doc Wave V.2 (350661)

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Re: Swimming

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:40 am

I think it was fine. Being launched forward every time you moved could be a burden to some but i found it ok
http://megamanroyale.com/ <- Play

BWAHAHAHA I AM NOW THE GAMECUBE