Dripping goo from MM2w6

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Buster
Discord: Buster#2302

Dripping goo from MM2w6

Post by Buster » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:38 pm

Drippinggoofromtheceiling Man is my favorite robot master. The one whose level theme is 4'33.

The gimmick is perfectly satisfactory by itself, but I think it could use some alternate versions. Let's say, acid, fire, oil and hot water.

1) Why?:
By itself the dripping goo is a fine gimmick but has other things it can be replaced by and may struggle to be unique enough to be worth considering. Alterations to its behavior would give it agency through increasing its interactive capabilities.

2) How?:
The goo is a 1x1 object that can be placed wherever, given a number setting and a color. The number setting will decide the delay before dropping, and the color will decide the type of the dropping liquid.

Possible alternative types include:
  • Acid (probably green or original color) will behave like in the original, and also will acidize Acid Man's chemical water if it was to be added. An alternative to this would be a base type (probably purple color) which would de-acidize chemical water.
  • Fire (orange color) will burn when it hits the ground instead of splitting, and will set oil and TNT fuse on fire.
  • Hot water (blue or light purple color) will extinguish oil and TNT fuse. Hotness is so that the projectile still deals damage, though it could just not deal damage and be made normal water.
  • Oil (darkest color) will create a single oil slick which would ideally work like PU oil.
A fangame Soon™ to be announced, maybe.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Dripping goo from MM2w6

Post by Royalguard » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:47 pm

Yes please. I've been wanting this gimmick for ages.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:58 pm

Genius. So simple and yet so versatile an addition this would be. 👍

Zephadus

Post by Zephadus » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:28 am

Yes please.
Would make my MM2 level pack better. lol

AppendixOfTheCards

Post by AppendixOfTheCards » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:41 pm

This is a solid gold suggestion, I hope this is seen, considered, and implemented, because it would be one of the most versatile environmental hazards/options in the game.