Mokumokumo

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
D-Man

Mokumokumo

Post by D-Man » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:21 pm

Mokumokumo
What?
Cloudy enemy from MM&B. It floats towards the player in an attempt to slow them down. Cold Man can spawn these during his fight.

How?
Mokumokumos are 1x1 in the editor, and they have 2 HP. When present, they fly towards the player and will cling on to them if contact is made. The player's movement speed and jump height are significantly hindered while they are attached, and weapons cannot be fired either. Ladder climbing is not affected. After 3 seconds of being attached, they let go of the player, and their cloud covering is removed for 1 second before reforming. If shot, the cloud covering will be removed, and they will stop moving. They do not deal damage.

Why?
Mokumokumos are an unique Telly variant that can be used in conjunction with other hazards to impede the player's progress. They also deal no damage and have slightly more HP than enemies similar to it.

Other
Mokumokumo has 2 skins: pink and blue.

List of Weapon Analyses I made: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10244

Friend Code: SW-0335-5373-4233

Blue_Bummer

Re: Mokumokumo

Post by Blue_Bummer » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:29 pm

Love this suggested enemy idea. :D

Reminds me of an enemy I'm hoping makes it into patch 1.6 due to it's focus on MM10 (as well as MM11).

Numetall

http://magmmlcontest.com/wiki/index.php?title=Numetall

Mets are to Mega Man like Turtles are to Mario. Not to drag this thread off topic, just the sticky part of Mokumokumo reminded me so much of Numetall's sticky projectiles that do the opposite of Mokumokumo (make Mega slippery).

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:04 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:29 pm
Love this suggested enemy idea. :D

Reminds me of an enemy I'm hoping makes it into patch 1.6 due to it's focus on MM10 (as well as MM11).

Numetall

http://magmmlcontest.com/wiki/index.php?title=Numetall

Mets are to Mega Man like Turtles are to Mario. Not to drag this thread off topic, just the sticky part of Mokumokumo reminded me so much of Numetall's sticky projectiles that do the opposite of Mokumokumo (make Mega slippery).
Oh yeah. I remeber making a suggestion for Numetall on the Discord sometime ago. Not only can they mess with the player's movement, but they can be paired with other Met types to trick the player.

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigMaster#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:08 pm

Top Spin should be made to defeat these enemies.
I am currently moderating the three main community platforms.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:31 pm

DestroyerOfDestruction wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:08 pm
Top Spin should be made to defeat these enemies.
That's another great idea.

In MM10 Numetall's sticky projectiles could be removed by Mega Using Solar Blaze on himself. It would make sense to also allow Fire Storm and maybe if Mega walks into a Flame Blast pillar to remove them.

Once they are attached are there any counters to Mokumokumo in MM&B? Considering a player cannot fire weapons while they are attached makes it tough to think of one. :\

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:37 am

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:31 pm
In MM10 Numetall's sticky projectiles could be removed by Mega Using Solar Blaze on himself. It would make sense to also allow Fire Storm and maybe if Mega walks into a Flame Blast pillar to remove them.
Not just Solar Blaze, but getting caught within any of your Special Weapons can remove the slime too.
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:31 pm
Once they are attached are there any counters to Mokumokumo in MM&B? Considering a player cannot fire weapons while they are attached makes it tough to think of one. :\
I think they can be shaken off by mashing the directional buttons, but I'm not sure.