Tackle fire Dragon and suggestion

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
14Protoman

Tackle fire Dragon and suggestion

Post by 14Protoman » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:52 am

This year I met a game called Monster boy and the cursed kingdom and I came up with a quirk (particularity according to Boku no hero): in that game there is an enemy of lava that consists of an igneous snake just like that of MMx6 of Heat nix, but It has a uniqueness, if you have the necessary weapons you can extinguish its flames and stand on it.

I already left the subject, my suggestion is for a next update in which MM9 content is added, I want the dragon of the MagmaMan level and a suggestion is that in addition to being a mini boss, it is a mountable enemy and that if you extinguish its flames With tornado blow or blackhole bomb you can get on it and even better, tornado hold and fans can also turn them off if you don't want to use a weapon.

Okay, this was a crazy suggestion, but I hope my idea HAS good COMMENTS.

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigDestroyer#4335

Re: Tackle fire Dragon and suggestion

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:38 am

I have no problem with Changkey Dragon being added, but it may be very hard to implement due to it leaving the screen. It probably needs a completely different approach than other miniboss enemies.

I would program to be depending on the screen so that it can leave screens properly without being despawned and recreated. This kind of enemy shouldn't reappear either.
You may inform me about problems in the MMM platforms. I also make artwork, music and reviews.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:41 am

DestroyerOfDestruction wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:38 am
I have no problem with Changkey Dragon being added, but it may be very hard to implement due to it leaving the screen. It probably needs a completely different approach than other miniboss enemies.

I would program to be depending on the screen so that it can leave screens properly without being despawned and recreated. This kind of enemy shouldn't reappear either.
Yes, I'm lazy to answer. And yes, I know, Destroyer, and I know what to do about it.
First it appears of the shape; then the dragon comes out; if there is a fan or you use a weapon that removes the fire, the tackle fire will go out; you can mount it depending on the length of the screen if it is disconnected from others; if the screen ends, the dragon leaves the screen as usual and then returns with the flames on again, as with the game, if it leaves your screen, it reappears with the flames; If you approach when you leave your view on a disconnected screen and approach, developers can put an optional sprite to show how it turns around in the form of a circle turn.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:54 am

Considering there might be potential problems that could be caused by screen scrolling, the mini-boss' original behaviour to enter and exit the screen, and what off-screen scrolling would and wouldn't trigger the mini-boss to despawn, finding a proper way to make the mini-boss could potentially prove challenging.

Regardless, I'll throw some ideas out there on possible ways it might be possible.

Possibility 1: Perhaps base a portion of the Tackle Fire Dragon's coding somewhat on the Killer Bullet Spawner, but with some revisions to how it operates. As long as the invisible level editor object for Tackle Fire Dragon remains on-screen, the mini-boss will re-enter the screen from the other side when off-screened, where as, while the invisible level editor object for Tackle Fire Dragon is off-screen, the mini-boss will de-spawn when off-screened. This seems like a way to keep the behaviour most accurate to the source game, though I have no idea how hard such a thing would be to implement.

Possibility 2: Scrap the function of Tackle Fire Dragon entering and exiting the screen completely, and have the mini-boss turn around while on-screen instead, and the mini-boss is despawns if off-screened. The problem with this method is it would require artists to draw completely new frames of animation for Tackle Fire Dragon and each of its segments turning around that obviously don't exist in the source game, it would also be not as accurate to the source material.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:07 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:54 am

Possibility 2: Scrap the function of Tackle Fire Dragon entering and exiting the screen completely, and have the mini-boss turn around while on-screen instead, and the mini-boss is despawns if off-screened. The problem with this method is it would require artists to draw completely new frames of animation for Tackle Fire Dragon and each of its segments turning around that obviously don't exist in the source game, it would also be not as accurate to the source material.
That’s what I’m explaining.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:13 pm

Although I have another idea:
What if they configure it to work as a footholder? Nothing else is established in this way: you put your eyes as a 1x2 object in the editor, the game will recognize a pattern from head to tail to know how much the dragon measures, you establish with that red thread as far as it will go time and as far as it will return the second time, although you could not choose multiple addresses, just forward and back while the spin sprites that I recommend are the least, the difficult thing would be to implement them

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigDestroyer#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:38 am

14Protoman wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:13 pm
He should simply stop expelling the big Tackle Fires after he passes 16 tiles between his entrance and departure. I tried putting him in an area with wide horizontal scrolling in the Megamix Engine and he does that.
You may inform me about problems in the MMM platforms. I also make artwork, music and reviews.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:05 am

I do not know.