Power Surge

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
Litany

Power Surge

Post by Litany » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:45 pm

Something normal, tried to force the player to use the other weapons... kind of like the Wily stages, where you need rush coil or some of the specials.

There is a secret. :D

https://megamanmaker.com/?level=373694

Last edited by Litany on Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kun fu Cuts Man
Discord: https://discord.gg/d8PdzqX | Kun fu Cuts Man#6955

Re: Power Surge

Post by Kun fu Cuts Man » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:46 pm

Litany wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:45 pm
Something normal, tried to force the player to use the other weapons... kind of like the Wily stages, where you need rush coil or some of the specials.
So what´ s the id of your level? From what I can see from your video, the only problem I notice might be the boss, you either change the layout; since it´ s glorified flat arena; or move the beaks´ position, because even you struggle with their positions.
Otherwise the stage looks ok
Does this count?

About my fangame, I made a new server and all the things related to it have been relocated there, join here
Finished it.

Sphyria

Post by Sphyria » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:06 pm

Kun fu Cuts Man wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:46 pm
Litany wrote:
So what´ s the id of your level? From what I can see from your video, the only problem I notice might be the boss, you either change the layout; since it´ s glorified flat arena; or move the beaks´ position, because even you struggle with their positions.
You shouldn't even reply to these topics. They don't deserve it.

My feedbacks only reflect my personal point of view. Also, as english is not my native tongue, sorry if I express myself weirdly.

Kun fu Cuts Man
Discord: https://discord.gg/d8PdzqX | Kun fu Cuts Man#6955

Post by Kun fu Cuts Man » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:19 pm

Sphyria wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:06 pm
Kun fu Cuts Man wrote:
Litany wrote:
I´m just trying to welcome new users to our community, and you saying he doesn´ t deserve critique is like if a catholic priest didn´ t allowed an atheist who wants to be catholic just because they aren´ t christian. Anyway let´s not derail this futher
Does this count?

About my fangame, I made a new server and all the things related to it have been relocated there, join here
Finished it.

Sphyria

Post by Sphyria » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:32 pm

Kun fu Cuts Man wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:19 pm
Sphyria wrote:
Kun fu Cuts Man wrote:

I´m just trying to welcome new users to our community, and you saying he doesn´ t deserve critique is like if a catholic priest didn´ t allowed an atheist who wants to be catholic just because they aren´ t christian. Anyway let´s not derail this futher

Not willing to derail this further or to seem harsh, but it's not hard to read and respect the rules, even when you are new. :D
Last edited by Sphyria on Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My feedbacks only reflect my personal point of view. Also, as english is not my native tongue, sorry if I express myself weirdly.

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:45 pm

Litany wrote:

There is a secret. :D

We need the ID of your level. You can find it by opening up your level online, clicking the Share button, then clicking Direct Link. A quickplay link will be copied to your clipboard, and you can post it with Ctrl + V on your keyboard. Hope this helps.

Snivymaster1337
Discord: Snivymaster1337#6543

Post by Snivymaster1337 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:11 pm

Found the level using the in-game search engine, here's a direct link.

Anyways, Feedback:tm: time.

This level was ok, most of the gimmicks were only used once, and at times, it seems like hits are avoidable.
The section where you're on a conveyor belt (only instance of it in the entire level, by the way.) and you have to dodge fire pillars and Fire Mets is nearly impossible to get through without taking damage due to the converyor belt.
Most enemies and gimmicks were thrown out almost immediately after usage, sometimes immediately. Really, the only gimmick that was used more than once were the MM7 Wily 3 jet platforms. Speaking of which, during the second section with said gimmick, it's basically rng if you take damage or not, thanks to the Flying Shells.
The aesthetics weren't safe from being thrown out, either, it goes from MM3 Wily tiles to rocks, to the MM3 Wily tiles again, then to just the blue tilesets from MM3, plus Magnet Man.
There was a secret boss before the blue section, and it was very easy, due to the health and energy spawners.
The actual boss suffers from nearly unavoidable attacks, but it doesn't matter, because the boss is fairly easy, anyways.
Actually, that's probably one of the bigger problems of the level, most of the hits that you take are unfair, but it doesn't matter, as the level is fairly short, and they don't do a lot of damage.

I'd suggest that you cut down on the number of gimmicks, use them more, stick to aesthetics for the rest of the level, and place your enemies in better spots, and cut down on the number of enemies, as well.
I didn't upvote this level, but I didn't downvote it, either.

Also, check out my MMM fangame here.

Oh, and that's not all, I have two challenges/collabs going on, one for my level series (You can get sent to the post here), and you can get sent to the other here

Litany

Post by Litany » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:25 pm

Sphyria wrote:
Kun fu Cuts Man wrote:
Litany wrote:
Being a jerk is an internet virtue. Big deal, I forgot.
Snivymaster1337 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:11 pm
Found the level using the in-game search engine, here's a direct link.

Anyways, Feedback:tm: time.

This level was ok, most of the gimmicks were only used once, and at times, it seems like hits are avoidable.
The section where you're on a conveyor belt (only instance of it in the entire level, by the way.) and you have to dodge fire pillars and Fire Mets is nearly impossible to get through without taking damage due to the converyor belt.
Most enemies and gimmicks were thrown out almost immediately after usage, sometimes immediately. Really, the only gimmick that was used more than once were the MM7 Wily 3 jet platforms. Speaking of which, during the second section with said gimmick, it's basically rng if you take damage or not, thanks to the Flying Shells.
The aesthetics weren't safe from being thrown out, either, it goes from MM3 Wily tiles to rocks, to the MM3 Wily tiles again, then to just the blue tilesets from MM3, plus Magnet Man.
There was a secret boss before the blue section, and it was very easy, due to the health and energy spawners.
The actual boss suffers from nearly unavoidable attacks, but it doesn't matter, because the boss is fairly easy, anyways.
Actually, that's probably one of the bigger problems of the level, most of the hits that you take are unfair, but it doesn't matter, as the level is fairly short, and they don't do a lot of damage.

I'd suggest that you cut down on the number of gimmicks, use them more, stick to aesthetics for the rest of the level, and place your enemies in better spots, and cut down on the number of enemies, as well.
I didn't upvote this level, but I didn't downvote it, either.
Thanks, I put the link in the description.

I appreciate the input everyone. I'll try that on my next level.

Sphyria

Post by Sphyria » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:16 pm

Litany wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:25 pm
Sphyria wrote:
Kun fu Cuts Man wrote:

Being a jerk is an internet virtue. Big deal, I forgot
I am not being a jerk, it's just frustrating to see that you didn't pay attention to the pinned topics. And now someone had to manually search for your level... It's not hard to put a link is all. We see a lot of these topics it's frustrating, it doesn't make me want to play.

- viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5

- viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6259

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigDestroyer#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:51 am

Sphyria wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:16 pm
You shouldn't be overly harsh when doing these rebukes, especially with a relatively new user. The tone is too aggressive, especially since your and O. J. The Viking's suggestions about how to post a level are exactly that: suggestions. Don't attempt to enforce them, since they aren't actual rules.
Litany wrote:
When inserting levels, it's better that you add the level ID to the description so users can find it and evaluate it on their own time. Review these guidelines by WreckingPrograms next time you want to share a level.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5
You may inform me about problems in the MMM platforms. I also make artwork, music and reviews.

Litany

Post by Litany » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:29 am

DestroyerOfDestruction wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:51 am
Sphyria wrote:
You shouldn't be overly harsh when doing these rebukes, especially with a relatively new user. The tone is too aggressive, especially since your and O. J. The Viking's suggestions about how to post a level are exactly that: suggestions. Don't attempt to enforce them, since they aren't actual rules.
Litany wrote:
When inserting levels, it's better that you add the level ID to the description so users can find it and evaluate it on their own time. Review these guidelines by WreckingPrograms next time you want to share a level.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5
It's cool. I've posted levels before, this time, I just legitimately forgot because I was on autopilot. It was just an honest mistake...

Sphyria

Post by Sphyria » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:44 pm

DestroyerOfDestruction wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:51 am
Sphyria wrote:
You shouldn't be overly harsh when doing these rebukes, especially with a relatively new user. The tone is too aggressive, especially since your and O. J. The Viking's suggestions about how to post a level are exactly that: suggestions. Don't attempt to enforce them, since they aren't actual rules
Truly sorry. :(