Two things that bother me in MM

Discuss anything related to Mega Man
Sphyria

Two things that bother me in MM

Post by Sphyria » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:04 am

health filler : it's not good. When micro-freeze happen, it often makes the player lose control and therefore fall into a pit or something. Some might tell me that besides that, the micro-freeze can be useful. It's a big NO.

When something is interfering with the gameplay, it needs to be removed or modified. Period.

I've been thinking either an health filler (or energy filler) with no-micro freeze and just a sound-effect like in MM&B (it works pretty well).

commit suicide : something every fan-game should learn from in the future, this needs to be added : a button in the menu that allows the player to reset all his lives and weapon energy (he will be sent back to the start of the level and eventually lose his E-Tanks). Why? Because sometimes you're stuck in the middle of a level with no life left or no weapon energy left (especially in wily stages) and you just purposefully kill yourself in order to reset your lives. Or sometimes, when you're in a no hit run or something, you just want to restart from the begining with all your lives. It's just the same thing as commiting suicide in-game. It would be super useful.

My feedbacks only reflect my personal point of view. Also, as english is not my native tongue, sorry if I express myself weirdly.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Two things that bother me in MM

Post by Royalguard » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:58 pm

Sphyria wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:04 am
health filler : it's not good. When micro-freeze happen, it often makes the player lose control and therefore fall into a pit or something. Some might tell me that besides that, the micro-freeze can be useful. It's a big NO.

When something is interfering with the gameplay, it needs to be removed or modified. Period.

I've been thinking either an health filler (or energy filler) with no-micro freeze and just a sound-effect like in MM&B (it works pretty well).
Oddly, even in Mega Man 1, the Yashichi could heal the player without freezing time temporarily, only the other healing items did that. Always wondered why that was.
Sphyria wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:04 am
commit suicide : something every fan-game should learn from in the future, this needs to be added : a button in the menu that allows the player to reset all his lives and weapon energy (he will be sent back to the start of the level and eventually lose his E-Tanks). Why? Because sometimes you're stuck in the middle of a level with no life left or no weapon energy left (especially in wily stages) and you just purposefully kill yourself in order to reset your lives. Or sometimes, when you're in a no hit run or something, you just want to restart from the beginning with all your lives. It's just the same thing as commiting suicide in-game. It would be super useful.
There was an option in some Mega Man games (I believe MM7, and some of the early X games?) where you could exit the level immediately to the Stage Select screen, though the option usually either needed to be found in a stage or bought in a shop. I can't remember if it reset the player's lives back to default either, probably not.

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigDestroyer#4335

Re: Two things that bother me in MM

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:33 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:58 pm
There was an option in some Mega Man games (I believe MM7, and some of the early X games?) where you could exit the level immediately to the Stage Select screen, though the option usually either needed to be found in a stage or bought in a shop. I can't remember if it reset the player's lives back to default either, probably not.
The Exit option is only to leave the stage, not about what Sphyria is talking about. After leaving a stage, your stats should be the same.
You may inform me about problems in the MMM platforms. I also make artwork, music and reviews.