Rule for Necroposting?

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
D-Man

Rule for Necroposting?

Post by D-Man » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:11 am

Necroposting is the act of bumping an ancient, long deceased thread back to the top for who knows what reason. It's generally seen as an annoyance, but is there an agreed upon period of time between posts for a bump to be considered a necro?

Uranus

Re: Rule for Necroposting?

Post by Uranus » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:57 am

Sometimes bumps can be needed if old topics have new additions or if the mod wants to lock it. After all. Bump this Thread basically uses bumps to make it work. As for me, I usually use it to temporally resurrect One Massive Word Story.
Uranus is back bois

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:47 am

Its somewhat old, but there was this topic back in the day discussing this subject, it can be found here:
viewtopic.php?p=55669#p55669

That said, I personally think that bumping a topic over 6 months old is considered necroposting. Of course, some topics and forum sections deserve immunity to any form of necroposting rules, such as things that will be of long-term reuse.

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigDestroyer#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:34 pm

Megathreads, forum games and fecal forgotten factory posts are clearly okay to revive as long as you are contributing to that discussion. Necroposting resolved or very old threads is generally best avoided.
You may inform me about problems in the MMM platforms. I also make artwork, music and reviews.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:21 pm

DestroyerOfDestruction wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:34 pm
Megathreads, forum games and fecal forgotten factory posts are clearly okay to revive as long as you are contributing to that discussion. Necroposting resolved or very old threads is generally best avoided.
How about adding additional information on the exact same subject? Seems it would be reasonable rather than creating an entirely new thread. :\

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:30 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:21 pm
How about adding additional information on the exact same subject? Seems it would be reasonable rather than creating an entirely new thread. :\
Kind of like what we did with the Centaur Flash and MM4 Wire threads. The former is mostly why I made this necroposting thread to begin with.